Re: Opinion about brakes??

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 11:28:47 EST

Hi Ed
     That makes at least 2 of us so, yes, it's possible. I have a 2k v6 auto
2WD with 47k mi and original brakes which I've not had the dealer render an
opinion on but last time I checked they were fine and probably about 1/2
worn. There's so much meat on the pads I am not wasting time to put a
caliper on them to measure their thickness at this point. At 12k my rotors
warped and my warranty replaced them but not the pads. The replacement
rotors have been flawless.
      The rear drum shoes look as though they will go at least 100k. Same
situation applies to my original equipment Goodyear tires which look @ 47k as
if they will be safe to around 80k.

Paul Sahlin