Re: RE: Opinion about brakes??

From: 2k_QC_4.7_5spd (thegrants@snet.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 11:34:10 EST

The reason your brakes are lasting longer is because of the 5spd tranny. You
probably down shift while coming to a stop. That uses the engine and gearing
to slow you down, requiring less break usage. I traded my 2k 5spd 2wd with
45k miles and had no break problems. I now have a 2001 QC 4wd auto with 34k
miles and now i need break.