Re: Opinion about brakes??

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 11:39:45 EST

Ed McCarrick wrote:
> I need an opinion. I just took my 2K QC 4.7 5 speed
> w/ 48K miles, into my dealer to have my clutch fan
> replaced and had them check the brakes. The brakes
> are still the originals, and the service manager told
> me they were fine, looked brand new. How is this
> possible? I'm not complaining, but I certainly don't
> baby the truck. How is this possible? Have any of you
> had a similar experience?
>
> Ed

Hi Ed - well sure its possible - - but I too would hav eexpected your
brakes to be a *little* worn by now heheh. However in retrospect - with
the drive up to Toronto the other week, I don't seem to recall you
mashing down on the brakes or stopping very hard/fast. You may punch
the gas and drive fast - but for some reason you seemed to stop without
heavy break stomping. That might be why your brakes are still good?

Check the thickness of the rotors and the pads for the heck of it -
check it with the specs.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/