RE: 92 dak 318 dead in driveway -- help!

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 12:23:38 EST

Will, Code 51, per my '92 FSM, indicates "O2 sensor signal stays lean"
and/or "Adaptive memory at rich limit". Either of these conditions will
cause the engine to run rich, indicated by the black smoke out your
tailpipe. Did you get the hose from the map sensor reconnected when you
changed it?

I'd suggest first disconnecting the battery to reset the PCM. If that
doesn't help it appears you need a new O2 sensor.

HTH,
RayB