Re: Re: Loose Rocker = loss of oil?

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 01:15:09 EST

Ken, if 3/4 is too tight (as in engine won't turn over like you said before)-- you have a problem with your lifters-- they aren't pumping up-- or you counted wrong when you adjusted them.

3/4-1 turn is the norm for most people.

I think if you were to do the adjustment like I said (all rockers loose, turn engine over until rockers pump oil out the tops-- then adjust) you'd have a different outcome.

Most likely-- they would make a racket at start up, and then quiet down---

I've never had anyone have this much trouble with these.

Keep me informed.

Sam