RE: Re: RE: Mag Ported Head ?

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 01:38:13 EST

TJ, my heads are stone stock! I do believe the R/T heads are too much for
a street driven 318. There was even a dyno test in one of the Mopar
magazines some months back, where the small valve R/T heads were put on a
360 Dakota R/T. There was little or no gain in power on that 360 and the
conclusion was there was too little port velocity through those heads for
the cam and rpm range.

No, we don't have emissions testing (yet) in my area. Stay tuned as I'm
having some mild porting done on a spare set of stock heads. I'll report
on those as soon as I can get on the track again.

RayB