Re: Take your Dak to the track - drag racing basics

From: kenallgood@cox.net
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 12:01:46 EST

Unfortunately at the VMP here, most of the time the whole area is watered, cannot get around the burnout box.. so I always end up lighting 'em up anyway. Unfortunately, having to go thru that with street tires makes for bad launches. Last time I went, I spun off the line almost every time. Even my last run where I didn't really load up the RPM's at all and babied it off the line and ran a 16.0 (ran 15.8-15.9 other runs). Funny thing is, the first run in bracket racing, I spun out pretty bad off the line, and still got my best run and broke out (15.80 on a 15.88 dial-in).. The Mustang GT I ran against broke out too, hehe... He ran a 15.38 on a 15.41 dial-in.

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L