Re: Take your Dak to the track - drag racing basics

From: ScSilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 21:16:28 EST

The head wind combined with the stereo equipment and spare tire may have
been enough to offset the added performance parts.

A number of local guy's last year took to removing the extra weight, hard
bedcovers, tailgates, spare tires, and non-essential stuff in the cabs, and
setting up the sound systems so they can be pulled to reduce the weight as
well.

I've removed the spare tire and carrier from under my Dak, and ditched the
stock rear bumper in favor of a roll pan .......I've also ditched the jack
and tools that were in the cab...........I've got the total weight down to
4,300 lbs with a full tank of fuel.

Ron-