Clutch fan

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 18:07:46 EST

So how does one go about determining if the clutch fan is screwed? On my 97
since day 1, I get the initial roar at start-up when cold (sometimes) and
also even when it's warmed up and even in the summer I will get that slight
roar upon slow acceleration or deceleration (at slow speeds) when turning
etc. just for a second or two. Since it's happened ever since I've had my
truck I thought this was normal. Any ideas on the best way to determine if
it's faulty or not?

TIA
Jay