Re: Re: RE: service codes

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 12:17:44 EST

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message
news:b5q1fd$u1f$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> "Josh Battles" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> wrote:
>
> : Thanks Rascal, but what does that all mean??? Does that mean that my
evap
> : tank is shot or that I need a new hose or something? Where should I
start
> : looking? Any ideas?
>

> The most common cause of this code is a loose gas cap. Check that
> out first.

So i've gathered. i think that the cap may have bitten the dust, i just
filled up and i'm OCD like that...i have to check it and tighten it like 6
times before i close the fuel door, and i'm betting that the code i had
before i did my tune-up and reset the pcm was the same one (wish i'd have
checked it before i reset) and the light was on for about a week... it's
just a big pain b/c i was getting all set to lower the dak, and now i have
to figure this crap out too. :-(

i guess it's a good thing my FSM came yesterday afterall!

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L