95 Dakota Trouble....update

From: M Smith (gtv684@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 19:58:04 EST

>DML: 95 Dakota Trouble

> My normally reliable 95 CC 4X4 with 3.9 is about to drive me nuts! >It
>will cut out and die and not restart. Sometimes. It will run great >for an
>hour and when you stop for gas it won't start. Sometimes.
> Whole story...the truck has been cutting out and dieing for the past
> >week, wait about an hour and it'll start right up. I found a burnt >coil
>wire where it had been touching the manifold so I thought HA! I >found it!
>Replaced the wire and it ran fine the rest of the day. Next >day drove 65
>miles to work no problem. Went to lunch and stopped for >gas and it
>wouldn't re-start, spins over just fine, plenty of fuel at the fuel rails,
>pushed it to the >side and came back for it an hour later and it started
>right up and I >drove 60 miles home. Went out about an hour later and it
>wouldn't >start. Called my father-in-law to pick me up and went back
>outside and >it started (of course!). Drove it 20 miles to the in-laws and
>no >problem. Went out 30 minutes later and no start, put a timing light on
> >it and no signal. AHA! Swapped coils and she fired right up! Next morning
>jumped in and drove >60 miles to work no problem, went to lunch and after
>about 30 minutes >it just died, wouldn't re-start back so I left it on the
>side of the >road and hitched a ride back to work. That's where I am now.

UPDATE:

Of course after work I had a co-worker drop me off on the side of the road
with my Dak, told him not to wait cuz she fired right up and I drove 65
miles home without a problem! Looks like I'll be checking some wiring, coil
pick-up and stealing the new battery outta the wifes mini-van soon!!!
Meanwhile the Dak will sit it out this week....
  Thanks Ken, Jeff, Josh, Rick, and everyone else. I'll be checking those
things tomorrow or this weekend when I get time.

Mark - with a Dak in "timeout"!