Re: Re: 95 Dakota Trouble....update

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 21:04:39 EST

> Might want to just buy an Optima Red Top starting battery - - or if you
> have a powerful stereo or other high drain loads on the electrical
> system - get an optima yellow top deep cycle... those are virtually
> bullet proof. Paste cell battery - no solid plates. Very reliable.
>
> When I changed the battery in the jeep the positive terminal broke off
> the battery - -spilled licquid acid all over the place (ate a hole in my
> jeans) - optimas are safer.
>

> --
------
> Terrible Tom

I know all about the optimas, I run them in my streetrod and classic cars. I
would like to put one in my truck but with wife version 1.0 there must be a
glitch. She has no problem with the battery for the cars but for the truck
she has a case of sticker shock. One day I may upgrade to version 2.0 and it
hipefully won't have that glitch.... ;-)

Jeff Durling