Re: Muffler choice

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 20:22:46 EST

In a message dated 3/27/2003 8:19:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sawcut64@msn.com writes:

> Hey everyone, I was wondering what opinions were on different mufflers for
> the 4.7 in both sound and performance. My Ram has an excellent factory
> exhaust with mandrel bent 3" tubing but it's a little quiet. I don't want a
> real loud exhaust, but I would like to her run and maybe pick up a few
> needed ponies in the process. Also I thought the 4.7 Dak's had multiple
> cats
> my Ram just has the one. Thanks,
> Sam South
> 2003 Ram 1500 ST
> 4.7 5-Speed
> (Still Dakless)

If you have 50-state emissions (NAE) or California emissions, you get a
pre-cat off of each manifold and a main cat (three total). If you have
Federal emissions (NAA), you only have one main cat. Smile because it
sounds like you have a Federal truck, like my '02. The MBRP sounds good on
my '02 but I wish I went with a Flowmaster. There's just no substitute for
them.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com
See Items For Sale On My Website

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD