RE: roller rockers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 22:50:37 EST

Definitely a good upgrade.

Crane/Mopar or Crower are the best choices with the Crowers being the
top-dogs. Stay away from the shaft roller conversions as they do not
allow for adjustability. You can also find the rockers in 1.6, 1.65,
1.7, 1.72, 1.8, and 1.9:1 ratios (just need to know which ones to get).

Recommendation: 1.7:1 Crowers with the Crane Stud Kit (Saves on the
pocket book a little bit and will work well together - verified with
Crower and Crane on this combination). If you're going to use
guideplates, definitely upgrade the pushrods to hardened models - stock
length will work as you can adjust the rockers.

One thing to keep in mind is if you plan on changing out the cam at some
point...if you do, stick with the 1.6:1 Rollers.

- Bernd