Dual vs. Single exhaust

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 11:24:08 EST

I know there won't any performance gain (2.25" dual vs. 3"single) but since I
have to do my exhaust anyways, I need to decide which way to go. How much
quieter would a dual exhaust system be (2 Car Sound catalylic converters and
2 Flowmaster 50 series) vs. single (1 cat and 1 FM muffler). Obviously it
won't be half as loud. I like the idea of not having to use the y pipe just
so they will have to split again for dual outlet.
Any Ideas?
Thanks,
James