Re: Re: Re: roller rockers

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 20:34:35 EST

    I am not sure about other places, but I know that Hughes Engines has
their billet TB for your application at $399. I can speak from experience
that the TB upgrade was the biggest bang-for-buck power increase that I did
to my 5.2, and they are totally easy to install. You'll want to trim the TB
gasket with an exacto so it wont obstruct any air (takes about a minute) but
when all is said and done the whole job take less time and effort than an oil
change. I would think the power increase with your setup would be equal to if
not better than the rockers with way less chance of screwing anything up upon
install. The essential result is the same for both the TB and the rockers
(i.e. you flow more air into the cylinders).
    When I put the TB on my 5.2 (which is now a 390 stroker) the only mods I
had where headers, exhaust, K&N filter, and computer. I was totally amazed at
the increase in power compared to the items I had already put on. Looking
back I'd say the headers where a substantial waste of money (not to mention
bottom end), the stock manifolds flow plenty good for moderately modded 5.2

John S

95 cc 2wd
hughes 390 stroker kit 9.55:1 compression, diamond forged pistons, eagle
I-beam rods, FM bearings
Progear DR timing chain
Hughes 2228 cam
Hughes Aluminum roller rockers 1.6:1
Hughes stage 2 R/T heads
High volume oil pump
Motor assembly Blueprinted and balanced, as well as some mods for extra
clearance in the block (not absolutly neccesary but I figured I may as well)
Mopar Perf M1 2bbl intake
Hughes stage 2 TB (will soon replace with stage 2 billet from Hughes)
FMS 24# injectors
DT headers
Gibson exhaust (3" pipe no cat)
K&N X-stream 13x3 filter (open but soon to have dual inlet custom ram air
from air inlet systems)
R/T 17" rims with 295/40 in rear and 255/40 in front
Auburn LSD with 4.10 gears and Superior axles
March Perf Aluminum underdrive pulley set (including power steering pulley
option)
APS engineering transmission Blueprinted Transmission with all the options
listed
Racing Clutch & Koline Steel Upgrade
Drive Gear for my tire and rear gear combo
Bracket Fighter 2400 stall Converter (UHD Stator option)
Optional Extra Heavy Duty 5-Pinion OD planetary Set (Thats what the 47RE has
for the High Torque Turbo Diesel)