Re: Bad ball joints -need opinions please..

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 21:31:45 EST

I've had mine replaced late last year. All 4 were bad at 60k. While I
never took it in for service, I've known from this group that the ball
joints on our trucks are non-servicable and undersized. Hence, they wear
out. I had all 4 replaced with Spicer joints and it cost me approx $750
including labor.

With the number of attempts you have tried to get them fixed, I'd look in
your records to see what work was done on other steering/front suspension
components other than the ball joints.

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
Autolite 3923, 7.5mm Bosch plug wires, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Custom K&N 6x9 air
intake, Rancho RSX shocks (4), Pioneer full audio system, BF Goodrich
32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires, Spicer ball joints.