Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: roller rockers

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 21:44:07 EST

True, but I didn't do runs on the same day and Rockers weren't the only
thing I changed, plus, like I said, think my truck was running hot on every
run. The biggest difference I've seen is in the 4500-5000 rpm range,
unfortunately, don't think I hit that range in my RPM except for *maybe* 1
run... Which is my best run to-date, by a few hundredths. I am wondering
if I lost out on the bottom end or not though. Here's the part I find the
weirdist, and I try this out on the street all the time.

If I go WOT all the way off the line (on street), It'll run hard up to
5000rpm before shifting out of first. However, if I wait until I get up to
10-15mph before hitting WOT, it'll end up shifting at around 4500rpm, and
maybe give me pinging. Since I cannot hit WOT off the line at the track
(not using slicks), it shifts out at 4500.. Highest I've seen it shift at
the track (last night anyway) is at 4800 RPM (or therabouts, was too busy
watching the 70's Camaro I was running down), and that was on my best run.

I swapped out my T-stat for the 180 today. Tried it again on the street
today... Couple of times. Off the line WOT, runs up to 5000. But if I
don't get in it until 10-15mph, again, shifted out a 4500rpm. Boy, do I
feel a HUGH difference between the 2. That last 200-300 RPM (500 in some
cases) is a good kick in the pants. I am curious why it does this
though.....

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L