RE: Re: RE: RE: How to make some "REAL" power?

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 17:30:10 EST

Funny you mention that term, since neither of the 408s mentioned in that DTO
thread has posted any numbers yet, other than Bill making it clear he wasn't
very happy with the results of his 408 build.

Does this mean Joe is about to hit the dyno? Is the blower belt installed?

> It really is an excellent option as some of the Viper crowd
> have already
> been using them for a while (the older AFC). I went along
> with the "let's
> see if the PCM learns this thing"...and after
> 1000miles...still no changes
> in performance or learning (runs just as strong from the
> adaptives reset up
> until now).

The adaptive logic is different between powerplants and model years.

> You may want ot check into this thing yourself. If can
> control a 2-BAR map
> on a 1-BAR system and compensate for fuel deficiencies.
>
> - Bernd

Since we can now reprogram PCMs to use 2 bar MAP sensors _and_ make use of a
new logic tree with it's supporting tables, an external band-aid box is
really of no use/interest to me. Mainly asking for the powerplants outside
of this tuning program.

Post up the numbers when you get them.

Bob