4.7 Cooling Problem

From: John Dewees (nospam@nospam.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 01:02:59 EST

I have a 4.7L CC with the Automatic transmission. It is equipped with the
Heavy Duty Service Group.

I'm running a RobertShaw 330-180 (The "High Performance" t-stat). When
driving in 90+ degree weather, the truck doesn't seem to be able to stay
cool. No matter what I do, short of turning the heater on high. Now, I'm not
overheating, but it does get close to 210 and rides right about there.

What should I do? Should I get a radiator flush or cooling system flush? If
so, what kind should I get? Would the one at Jiffy Lube be ok?

Thanks for all your help

John