Re: Lowering Components

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 23:02:32 EST

Hotchkis springs and Hotchkis valved Bilsteins is what I've heard is best
for the Dak. I've got some custom units from Total Control Products on my
'66 Mustang and they are by far some of the very best shocks I've ever
used...if they weren't so damn expensive, but then everything from Total
Control is. You may want to look into what/if they have available for your
year Dak. I went with Hotchkis on my Dak b/c they make one hell of a good
product as well.....the setup for the Dak is going in on Friday, I'll post
some reactions after I drive the hell out of it this weekend.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

<JAMEPC@aol.com> wrote in message news:151.1dcc6842.2bbcfdb6@aol.com... > > I need some advise on quality 2" drop coils for a gen II Dakota. I know it's > not the best way to drop (as opposed to control arms or spindles) but I need > new springs anyways so this would be the most efficient. I already replaced > the worn stock springs with 2" drop el-cheapos and they are to wide! They > rub the edges of the control arms and make loud, annoying poping noisesas the > spring moves up and down in them. I also need opinions on quality drop > shocks. > Thanks, > James >