Re: RE: Bed extenders & Line-X

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 09:33:38 EST

> I have stuff bolted through my Permatex [about the same stuff] with no ill effects after 2 years...
>>> andylevy@yahoo.com 04/02/03 08:24PM >>>
Much later, I know...
How did you do it? Just line up and drill right through everything in
one shot? What do you have bolted through?

Andy, it's just plastic.. I added a few stainless eye-bolts to my bed as tie-downs (cause in '99 Dodge didn't think anybody would WANT to tie anything down in a Dakota..) I just eye-balled a hole and drilled. It was easier going through the liner first than trying to center the drill on the sheet metal without a punch. I tightened the bolts enough that the stainless washers I used rather sunk into the liner a bit, and now appear to be permenant. Want pic's?