Dead Battery !

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 19:02:50 EST

I've been on the DML for quite awhile and a lot of people post that there
original battery dies after 2-3 years. I've always considered myself lucky
that on my 97 I've had no problems. Until now. Coming home from work today
I pulled into my driveway and the Dak stalled, so I tried to restart it,
nothing, no starter click at all. First thing I thought about was the DML
and how it's always been mentioned to first check your Battery. Since mine
is 6 years old I thought I would get a new one instead of charging up the
original. Guess what, it runs great.
Thanks DML
It seems odd that this happened a few days after I replaced my original
serpentine belt.
Anyway thanks to the DML my Dak is up and running again because I went to
the first problem that has been mentioned here.

Thanks guys
Jay

P.S. It seems weird that every replacement battery is smaller than the
original, but my new one has more CCA's than the original. Hope it lasts
just as long. Thanks for letting me vent :-)