Re: Re: Rancho 3" Lift for 2000+ 4x4s

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 21:03:16 EST

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:59:32 -0500, rsmith13@nycap.rr.com ("DAKSY")
wrote:

>Hey Bill.
>
><snip> Rancho's 3" suspension kit for 2000 and newer Dakotas and Durangos is
>now available, after a very long wait. Just not sure if I can bring
> myself to spend that much money on it, though.<snip>
>
>I couldn't find a cost anywhere on the link. How much is the lift kit? Just
>pondering, cuz Susan (at 5'3")
>says with the 32s on the DAKSY, it's already too tall for her, so I can't do
>anymore lift stuff.
>I told her that's why there are running boards! LOL...
>
>& speakin of the 32s, Andy, I was wrong. The BFGs are still on sale at Sears
>until tomorrow. Maybe you can get some for less than $10 per inch of wheel
>dia. I dropped off my spare & will pick it up in the AM. I'll let ya know if
>it fits with the Putnam hitch...
>
>Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
>(finally a 5th 32!)
>Averill Park, NY
>2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed
>
>WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

I found them on the web at a few places for around $1300. With a
discount, I can get one for a tad under $1200. It's a lot of money
for the kit, no doubt. It's definitely cool, though. I looked at the
instructions and it more or less includes *everything* that you
possibly need (short of tools). Including installation (don't feel
comfortable doing something that serious myself) and tax, it would
probably set me back just over $2000 to have it done. Not bad in the
big picture, but still a lot of $$$ that I really should be spending
elsewhere.

-Bill