Re: RE: Power Programmer III

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 10:08:05 EDT

Just an FYI on the crate motors--- they are reman'd, and a good friend of mine that does all the heavy line work for a local dealership says "stay clear" of the 300 & 380 hp mopar crate 360s... Even the 360 MPI motor is bad. They've had a 40% failure rate on these motors over the last year-- both purchased, and warranty replacements (MPIs for a 5.9L ram, and an RT 5.9L).

The reman'd motors are made by catapillar, in MI or Canada (can't remember which)-- and with low quality parts, and terrible QC.

The low price is attractive-- but the ram(ha)afications blowing a motor throw that out the window. They've had bad bearings, connecting rod caps failures, and generally bad motors (one MPI in particular-- at idle had a wicked vibration, and at 2500-3000 could be seen visibly- shaken-- out of balance).

Find a good block, have it checked-- build it right.

Sam

www.socaldakota.com