Re: Figures

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 16:32:31 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> I like Ed's solution. :-) You've got a 4x4 - just leave it there
> and in a couple of weeks it should take care of itself. ;-)

Yeah, that's probably what'll end up happening. That solution works fine
for snow, but with ice the problem lies in just getting TO the truck.
Most of our driveway right now is the consistency of a skating rink, and
it's on a slope as well. Makes it incredibly treacherous to walk on it.
I spent most of Sunday chipping out enough of a walkway that we aren't
trapped in the house any more. At least now we can get out without
killing ourselves, as long as we're careful.

> Another solution, which involves explosives and large quantities of
> flammable liquids is more fun, but might involve the Ontario FD, fines,
> and jail time. ;-)

If only I knew someone with a kerosene-powered torpedo heater... :-)
Actually, I've been looking at my cordless drill and wondering if this
sheet of ice would be any easier to chip away if it had a series of 1/2"
holes drilled in it first. Dontcha just love having an excuse to use
power tools in new and innovative ways?

Oh, and for all the people who have replied and suggested that we pack up
and move to some southwestern desert hell... laugh it up. It won't be
quite so funny come September when you're still sweltering in a 125-degree
furnace and we've cooled down to the 80s. :-)

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer