Re: Front End

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 16:50:15 EDT

Sam, is it a 2wd or 4wd?

I got my bearing (p/n 52009528AE) for about $100 from Koller dodge in
Naperville, IL (www.kollerdodge.com) and they'll let you buy online (only
get the discount online) and ship it anywhere you like via UPS. I just
picked it up b/c i'm so close. Energy Suspension makes a bushing kit (you
have to re-use the metal sleeves in the arms) for the 2000 2wd Dakota (p/n
5.3122) and Moog has the new ball joints out that you'll be needing. (upper:
p/n K7392 and lower: p/n K7393). All of these parts are for a 2wd truck.
The ball joints were a touch hard to find, but Chad Evans gave me a hand, he
knows a guy that can ship them to you. I don't have the parts store phone
number anymore, but I'm sure Chad would be able to help you out. They're
about $50 each. I really hope that this helps you out, I just got thru
rebuilding my front end as well...but my purpose was totally different, I
wanted to do it so it would be solid when I lowered the truck. Let us know
what happens!

--
-Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""DML"" <samjperez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b6v99o$drq$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Tracing down a popping in the front end I found that my front right bearing > assembly was seized to the spindle. After some hitting on it with a slide > hammer and some WD-40 it came off. The entire hub assembly is a "sealed > Unit" read DODGE parts gonna stick it to ya! $186.00 later I have a new hub > unit on the front. I am willing to bet that the driver side is the same way > another $186.00 to DODGE <ching cha ching > Upon reassembly took truck to > get the front end looked at again and now was told that the upper and lower > ball joints are needing replacement. As fate would have it not available at > the parts stores "yet" And again fate strikes again, not available, DODGE > only sells them in the entire arm. Of coarse why wouldn't I believe that. > $187.00 for the upper and $217.00 for the lower. > "Hit me again IKE and put some steak on it " Jim Carrie Liar Liar > > The entire front end needs a rebuild bushings through out are shot sounds > like a 1950 pick up truck. Haven't checked the availability for the parts > but I bet they won't be available at AutoZone or the local boys. Summit > doesn't even have the poly stuff. I would like the complete kit > > Guess I am supposed to run out to Dodge and trade it in so they can change > the parts needed at list price and re-sell the damm thing for more than I > owe. > > So <deep breath> now that I have moaned and winned anyone know where I can > just buy the upper and lower ball joints and a kit of poly bushings if I am > gonna change them might as well go with the better alternative. > > It is a '00 and everyone tells me "wow shouldn't be needing ball joints, > this early" them, me "well I do, do you have the #&%@! parts or not!" enter > the waterboy impersonation. lol > > Apologies for the length > > Any Help greatly appreciated. > Thanks > Sam Perez > San Marcos Texas > '00 Dak CC Sport > >