Front End

From: DML (samjperez@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 15:54:58 EDT

Tracing down a popping in the front end I found that my front right bearing
assembly was seized to the spindle. After some hitting on it with a slide
hammer and some WD-40 it came off. The entire hub assembly is a "sealed
Unit" read DODGE parts gonna stick it to ya! $186.00 later I have a new hub
unit on the front. I am willing to bet that the driver side is the same way
another $186.00 to DODGE <ching cha ching > Upon reassembly took truck to
get the front end looked at again and now was told that the upper and lower
ball joints are needing replacement. As fate would have it not available at
the parts stores "yet" And again fate strikes again, not available, DODGE
only sells them in the entire arm. Of coarse why wouldn't I believe that.
$187.00 for the upper and $217.00 for the lower.
"Hit me again IKE and put some steak on it " Jim Carrie Liar Liar

The entire front end needs a rebuild bushings through out are shot sounds
like a 1950 pick up truck. Haven't checked the availability for the parts
but I bet they won't be available at AutoZone or the local boys. Summit
doesn't even have the poly stuff. I would like the complete kit

Guess I am supposed to run out to Dodge and trade it in so they can change
the parts needed at list price and re-sell the damm thing for more than I
owe.

So <deep breath> now that I have moaned and winned anyone know where I can
just buy the upper and lower ball joints and a kit of poly bushings if I am
gonna change them might as well go with the better alternative.

It is a '00 and everyone tells me "wow shouldn't be needing ball joints,
this early" them, me "well I do, do you have the #&%@! parts or not!" enter
the waterboy impersonation. lol

Apologies for the length

Any Help greatly appreciated.