RE: Suspension Leaning

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 20:43:14 EDT

Although I haven't seen a broken torsion bar or one that had been jarred
loose in a long time, the first place I'd start looking is the torsion bars
and the adjusting screws on the end. The lower 'A' arm could be damaged too.

When Chrysler started using torsion bars on the front end in the early
sixties (Darts and Valiants I think) three quarters of the production run
broke the left bar in the first six months. All of the dealers were
backlogged for weeks waiting for replacements. Six months after that, the
right side bars started breaking. GM and Ford made a lot of converts that
year.