RE: Roadmaster Suspension and Fabtech

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 06:08:12 EDT

<snip> I have the Fabtech 3" lift with the add-a-leaf on my 2x4 truck. I
also
have the Roadmaster active suspension. The add-a-leaf does raise the
rear, but it doesn't seem to do much for you when you add weight to the
bed except to start the sagging from a higher point. The Roadmaster
actually keeps the rear up when I add the same weight. I did need longer
U-bolts than come stock with the truck.

Bill,

I'm just guessing here, but you needed the longer U-bolts because of the
add-a-leaf lift not the Roadmaster right? I bought my kit based on your
message last month about the reduced price and when I installed mine, I
used all the stock hardware including the leaf spring stack retaining bolt.
And BTW, if I hadn't said it before, a big thanks to you for letting me in
on the reduced price. Since you posted the price for our trucks was $169,
they agreed to sell it to me for that price. The offer they got going on
now is a little less with shipping and handling but either way its a great
deal.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE