Now: Cruise Control Was: 4.7 5-speed 3.92LSD MPG?

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 15:24:51 EDT

Hey Andy!

I too have felt something like that, but it is more on the resume side. When
setting it, it stays within 1mph (+/- 0.5mph). I have noticed when resuming
the cruise, sometimes you will feel a rather strong acceleration of the
engine, even if you are within 5 mph of the target speed. Mostly, it just
engages nice a gently. If I remember right, I was decelerating and just got
below the target speed when I resumed it. At that point it decided to
accelerate rather hard. Weird.

Other than that, I haven't had any issues with it. Just flipped 78K
yesterday and I use it every weekday.

One really nice feature that is programmed into it is this: If the rear
wheels come off the ground or loose grip, if will cancel the cruise as a
safety feature. Most of you will not have to experience that, but the roads
in the Detroit area are total crap since this state does not regulate the
weights allowed in the semis within the state. Then you add on top the
constant freezing and thawing throughout the winter with the cracks from the
heavy truck and you get the fabulous results of our roads.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1 - 78,200mi!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU

<snip>
Cruise control? 1300 miles and I've turned it on once so far. And I
wasn't terribly pleased, it seemed to pull me up about 2MPH just when I
hit the set/engage button.
</snip>

--
-andy