a/c cutting out going uphill

From: will (k_kodiak2@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 17:40:39 EDT

Okay. Here's another one. When I accelerate under load
(like going uphill) my a/c cuts out. No air at all
comes out front vents. Does the same with the fresh
air fan when truck is under load. I can hear what
sounds like air blowing behind the dash. But I can
only feel just the tiniest bit of air coming out of
windshield vents. But that's it.

Then when I let off the gas pedal a bit, all the air
comes back out the front a/c vents.

I'm replacing the plenum plate and gasket soon. I have
a bit of oil inside my intake manifold. Would this
have anything to do with the a/c problem?

Will Hansen...stumped in the sticks...