RE: Torsion bar question

From: Downing, David GS-13 (DowningD@constellation.navy.mil)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 01:36:49 EDT

Hey Barry, I cranked up the torsion bars on my '93 4x4 when I did the 3"
body lift and went to 32" tires. I didn't get the alignment done
afterwards, but that was cause I was broke, although I didn't have any
problems either. Not sure what re-indexing is, but the bolts on mine both
had about the same amount of thread showing, so I was able to crank both of
them up about 1.5" which leveled out the truck very nicely. I only had the
truck for about a year after I lifted it, so I can't comment about any long
term affects, but no problems in that year with handling or uneven tire
wear, except for the chunks that were missing from off-roading :P

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T
'03 BS CC 4x4...coming this summer