Re: adjusting torsion bars

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 09:26:09 EDT

  OK, you sort of answered my question - Thank you, but I still don't really understand - Allow me to re-phrase the question and pretend you are talking to a 4th grader when you compose your answer (am a little fuzzy on Darvocets).
  If I crank my T-bars up enough to level out my truck (about +2" ride height) Is that going to bugger up my alignment enough to justify going and getting an alignment. At $185 each, my tires are worth it, but then I don't get alignments at every pot-hole.. Also, should I wait 'til I get my Roadmaster installed? Last - can ride height be considered part of an alignment? Can I take my truck to the tire place and say "I want an alignment, and while you are at it - level out my truck" or are they likely to want more $$ or tell me no? TIA

>>> patrickandkelly@erols.com 04/10/03 04:15PM >>>

Yes, adjusting your torsion bars will change the alignment. In most
cases, raising the ride height will move the camber more positive and
will change the toe to a more toed in reading than the vehicle was before.
  As far as is it worth the $80? Well, how good of shape are your tires
in, and how much will a replacement set cost you?
Patrick