Re: RE: Upshift light?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 20:29:58 EDT

<snip> My '02 lights up and I want to find a way to disable it! It gets
annoying
after awhile.... Hopefully it'll burn out soon... :)<snip>

As does the damn thing on the DAKSY....wierd thing is that it'll
go on & off while I'm holding the go pedal to keep a constant RPM - on a
flat road...
I can understand if it would go on & off based on what the PCM feels is a
change in
grade, or an increased or decreased load on the drivetrain...damn thing has
worked
from day one...a buddy of mine suggested that I just take a small drill bit
& punch a
hole thru the bezel & the bulb...he did it on a POS Cutlass he used to
own...anyone ever tried that?

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed