Clutch Fan roar

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 19:13:33 EDT

Posted awhile ago about my Fan clutch roar on my 97, 318, that going at slow
speeds around corners it roars and starting off in 1st up to 3rd (5 speed)
slowly it roars also, regardless of whether it's fully warmed up or not.
The dealer says this is "normal". Seems weird as it was never this
pronounced when I bought it back in 97. Anyway, a new one from the dealer
is $265.00 CDN, ouch! Can anyone tell me if an aftermarket company makes
these for our Dak's that I can buy from NAPA etc. or is this just a Dealer
only part?

TIA
Jay