re:Clutch Fan roar

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 13:19:10 EDT

I put a NAPA fan clutch on my '95 318 and it never would disengage (roared
all the time) I returned it and a second one did the same thing. I wish
the NAPA ones had a direction arrow but they didn't and the counter help
weren't too helpful.
I got a Mopar one and it works fine. It kicks in when it is hot and does
the job. Just make sure you get one with the correct rotation direction and
has been stored correctly.
try this place - in Canada
http://www.action-parts.com/
They got them on Ebay starting bid $4.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410594345&category=6768

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,was a 5.2l now a 5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,180
thermostat,Flowkooler,K&N dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,Jacobs ign.
Tow pkg.

>Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:13:33 -0700
>From: "jay & dana" <jay&dana@telus.net>
>Subject: DML: Clutch Fan roar
>
>Posted awhile ago about my Fan clutch roar on my 97, 318, that going at
slow
>speeds around corners it roars and starting off in 1st up to 3rd (5 speed)
>slowly it roars also, regardless of whether it's fully warmed up or not.
>The dealer says this is "normal". Seems weird as it was never this
>pronounced when I bought it back in 97. Anyway, a new one from the dealer
>is $265.00 CDN, ouch! Can anyone tell me if an aftermarket company makes
>these for our Dak's that I can buy from NAPA etc. or is this just a
Dealer