Weak Start...

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 21:33:10 EDT

I've noticed that some times when I start the truck up, it seems to stumble
and almost stall out but pick up and go to idle, instead of the usual quick
rev up to 1000rpm and then down to idle. It does it warm and cold. When I
start the truck after it's been sitting for a while I turn the key to run to
let the fuel pump get proper pressure in the system (the filter is less than
6mos. old,) could it be the pump? I'm wondering if it's the battery going
south? I'm not sure how old the one that's in there now is, but it's at
least a year old, and almost definitely more, since it was there when I
bought it last May.

Anyway, anybody have some ideas? Much appreciated.