Re: Subwoofer wiring

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 09:40:00 EDT

To make the enclosure seem larger, you can go to any fabric store and pick
up some poly fill (pillow stuffing) and jam that into the box. It will
cause the air to move slower, making the airspace seem larger to the driver.

As far as hookup goes, connect your power lead (red) to the positive
terminal of the battery and bring it to the plus side of the amp. Connect
the negative lead to a nice ground, do up your speaker wires, and the remote
wire. The remote wire is usually blue on aftermarket head units and wiring
harnesses, it functions as your amp turn on. If you'd like I can take pics
of my setup for you... It's in the process of a major revamp, but will give
you more of an idea about what the side of the amp should look like.

--
-Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

<Blakdak2k@aol.com> wrote in message news:154.1e368513.2bcb3264@aol.com... > > I have finally finished my subwoofer box, anyone you want to see can look at > <<http://photos.yahoo.com/blakdak2k>> > And now I need to wire it without blowing anything up. The amp I purchased > is rebuilt and did not come with a manual. I know someone out there is dying > to tell me what order to hook things up. :-) I do have a wiring kit so I > have everything I need. > Thankyou > > P.S. The sub I purchased (10") is way to big for the application and so the > box I built is much too small (I know) But at this point i am just glad I > got the stupid thing finished, I had a lot of problems. The mirror is > plastic not glass, but I don't really like it I am thinking about replacing > it with diamond plating.