Re: Dash Lights

From: Davdo212@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 13:32:23 EDT

Hi everyone. New to the list. I recently purchased a 96 Dakota with 3.9 liter v6, 5 speed, 56k miles. Love it!!! However, I have a recurring problem that I need to get fixed soon. When I turn on the headlights the dash lights go out. All the guages quit working including the odometer and trip meter. If I turn the headlight switch all the way 'down' the guages will start working again, but I still can't read them because the dash lights are 'down'. Also, I have noticed that at times when I have the blinker on the tach and speedo. needles move in rhythm with the blinker. Some people I have talked to about the problem suggest the 'body computer'. Any ideas? If it is the body computer, how much would it cost to get that replaced? Also, the 'check engine' light came on recently. On another Chryco. product I have that light came on at 60k, just as a check for some systems. I've checked all liquids and believe everything is ok. Is that what the light came on for? Thanks for your help. David.