Re: Hub/Rotor play

From: DML (samjperez@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 15:30:24 EDT

> Yes, infact if You were to loosen the Hub nut it might even fall off like
mine did. Of course I didn't relize there was a problem until I started
hearing a swoosh swoosh sound sound every time I turned the steering wheel.

> W.F.Wheels
> 91' CC 4x4 v8
>
> --- "jay & dana" <jay&dana@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> >Today while I was putting my summer tires on my 97, 318, 4x4 I noticed
that
> >on the driver's side I could grab the Hub/Rotor wheel stud assembly and
pull
> >it out and push it in and there was approximately 1mm play in it, but on
the
> >passenger side there was none. Could this be a bearing going bad or ?
Any
> >advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Jay

I just replaced my right front hub. It also had play in it but rather side
to side instead of forward to back. Tell tell sign is if there is grease
leaking from around the hub nut. Mine was seized to the spindle and removal
was a pain. Assembly was pretty expensive but I have 4 wheel abs and it is a
2000 finding parts has been a nightmare.

Sam Perez
San Marcos TX