Re: Upshift light?

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 08:35:07 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@earthlink.net>

> Anyway - well the damned green upshift arrow kept coming on at random
> times above 50 MPH. Usually when I was crusing at highway speeds and
> holding the gas steady. (I have an automatic tranny!!) After a few
> weeks I finally got so freakin pissed off at it - I pulled the dash off,
> pulled cluster out, yanked out the bulb, threw it on the ground, stomped
> up and down on it and told it to go to hell.

Hmmm... I remember mine being orange, last time I paid any attention to it.
When I first test drove this truck, it took me about four minutes to realize
that the upshift light is 100% useless, and this was on a 5-speed. I
decided to ignore it, and I don't think I've even seen it in over six years.
Maybe it burned out and I never noticed... I'll check today.

> Amazing how irritating, such a little thing like a illunimated green
> triangle, can be.

Sounds like "clutch envy" to me. Or maybe you still have unresolved anger
issues toward a blinking green light from your past? Did your parents hang
an illuminated green triangle over your crib or something? :-)

--
Jason

"You'd be surprised what a disciplined mind can accomplish" -- T'Pol