RE: Dakota slowing down?

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 16:19:01 EDT

It could be a cat going bad too

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of William Hall
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 12:29 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Dakota slowing down?

> I'm having this problem lately. When ever the
> weather warms up and it nice
> out, things just seam to slow down with the Dakota.
> Right from starting and
> on ward.... I can't just can't put my finger on it.
> If anyone knows why the
> Dakota slows down like that! Please Help!
> Don Mallett
> Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+

Don,
   This goes back to the dense air theory. We all
know the colder the air, the denser the air. During
the winter or nice cool days, the air density is
greater than during the warm days. Perhaps this is
the reason for the slowing down overall. If it were
just starting or perhaps just poor performance once
started, then I would start thinking something else.
But since the warmer it gets outside the slower
everything seems to go, then I would believe the air
density changes is what is causing the performance
lack.

The other Will