RE: Replacing stock speakers

From: Eric Jerman (ejerman69@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 01:45:30 EDT

Charlie,
  Yeah the factory openings are larger than what our books list...but I
believe Gabe beat me to the punch in stating that we have 6.5" oversized
speaker provisions in our daks. Most of the time you need an adapter to fit
the 6.5" or 5.25" speakers in, but some manufacturers like infinity make the
speakers oversized as well so that you don't need an adapter ring. I know
that my clarions needed them, but my infinity 2 ways don't. They make the
basket/ frame bigger on the speaker that way they can increase the cone area
of the speaker so that you can achieve a little higher sound quality than
speakers of actual 6.5" size. HTH some. Sorry it took so long to get back
to you on this.
Eric Jerman