Electric & Viscous Fans

From: CHRIS HOGAN (chogan68@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 08:13:09 EDT

...so as many of you already know, and I just discovered, newer (and
maybe older...I only have a newer one) Dakotas
have both an electric and a viscous drive radiator fans. I was
considering replacing the viscous fan with an electric one, but since I
already have one, can I just pull off the viscous one?

Well, of course I CAN, but is it a good idea? Is the viscous drive fan
just a backup? Would it improve performance at all to remove the
viscous fan? I wouldn't think so if it's just a backup...probably just
freewheeling all the time.

Thanks,
Chris