Re: Wheel Spacers?

From: Bill Day (billday@joink.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 08:37:32 EDT

I havent messed with any spacer other then helping others put them on, but I
do know this that tire manufacturers told me.. 12 tires on 8 rims may make
for some week(er) sidewalls They suggested to me to use 10.5 on any under 9
and 12 on anything over 9 since I am only running 15x7 GenII Stock steel
rims I went with the 31x10.5x15 I now have right @ 35,000 miles on these
tires in just about a year and half, between playing in the mud, daily
driver to work, multiple out of town trips etc... and I have yet to have an
issue. Another thing the tire mans. told is wear will be erradict if your
sidewalls are weekend by being to big for the rim..

Just thought I would pass this on...

My note, is that puting th wider tire on the skinnier rim makes the tire
ALOT taller than what it is supposed to be. my 31 measure of the ground to
almost 33

HTH,

Bill Day

  7:10am up 108 days, 12:55, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Bob Barker says.. Remember to have Windows spade an neutered
to prevent the spread of malicous crap!
http://counter.li.org #83358 http://linux-sxs.org/
AIM BadManD73
'95 Flame Red CC 4X4 3.9 Magnum AT