Wheel Spacers?

From: Downing, David GS-13 (DowningD@constellation.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 13:01:57 EDT

On the new Dak I'm going to be running a 3" Performance Accessories body
lift with 305/70R16 (33x12) BFG MT Km's on the factory 16x8 wheels. There's
a few of 4x4 guys on dd.com running this setup with only minor rubbing on
the frame at full lock. This is of course due to the fact that you're
running a 12" wide tire on the factory rims that have 5.5" of backspacing.

Ok, now to my question, is it safe to run say a .5" spacer with longer
studs, what about even a .75" spacer? My truck will actually be going off
road, so I'd really prefer to not snap a stud while out on a trail, or while
cruising down the highway for that matter. I'm thinking that should put the
wheel out enough to stop the frame rub, but still keep it in close enough to
avoid having to do major fender trimming. Any ideas?

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T
'03 BS CC 4x4...coming soon!