RE: Black Magic 150 fan--wiring question

From: Shane Craven (shanec@SPIE.org)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 13:19:15 EDT

"Shane Craven" <shanec@spie.org> wrote:

: Where do you wire the Black Magic 150 fan to make it turn off with the key?
: (Under dash fuse box with a 10 amp fuse or splice into the cigarette lighter or ??)

> Shane,
>
> What you can do is to cut your current power feed line to the fan,
>and install a relay in-line. As the switching source for the relay,
>tap into any wire or location which is hot when the ignition is on.
>
>--
> -Jon-

Thanks, Jon! Do I have to go through the firewall to find a wire that's only hot when ignition is on (like the ciggypoop lighter), or is there a location in the under-hood fuse box?

ShaneC