RE: Gibson and K&N FIPK for 4.7

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 13:25:52 EDT

Dave, I'm just using the regular 3" superflow on my Dak. Though the 3" is
fine on my 5.2, my feeling is the 2.5" would be more appropriate for the
4.7. It's a smaller engine and I'd want to maintain more low end torque,
especially in a heavy truck. My plan for my 4.7L Grand Cherokee is to run
a high-flow 2.5" cat and the 2.5" Gibson cat back, single outlet.

My Jeep, with it's only mod being a K&N FIPK at this time, has run the
quarter in 15.40 @ 85 mph with a 2.08 60' time. That's at 4300 lbs with me
in it and with full-time 4-wheel drive. It'll outrun most stock Mustang
GT's in the 1/8 mile, thanks to the low end torque and gearing, but runs out
of steam after that. Just consider what most of your driving will be like.
Probably not much high rpm stuff, right?

RayB