Dealer oil filter Q

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 08:46:35 EDT

I recently saw a message on the DML saying that Dodge had
changed their oil filters but did not pay too much attention
to details.

I changed my oil yesterday and something strange happened.
I normally unscrew the filter a little and let oil drain into the
oil pan; a little less messy that way. I then remove the filter
when the dripping stops. In the past, there would still be some
oil remaining in the filter. Yesterday, there was no dripping
at all and I removed the filtered right away. I held the filter
upside down over the drain pan and no oil came out at all.

Anyone know if this is related to the newer dealer filters?

Thanks
Bob